About Me

My photo

Wandering across continents with four rugrats in tow. Rediscovering myself through crochet, sewing, baking, cooking and smothering my family with lots of love!

Monday, March 31, 2014

My Super Yummylicios Hanging Quilt (English Paper Piecing)

Bonjour!! Bonne journee avec yummy cupcake.... This cupcake wont have any effect on your weight!!

I just really cant help myself when I see a real cupcake, so when I was ready to make a quilt, I decided to use the cupcake pattern.

This is my first quilt, and I'm sooo happy with the result. Its look so yummy and I really love it.

I got the pattern and a helpful tutorial from Ellison. It uses the English Paper Piecing (EPP) technique.

One of the best thing is, I only used left over fabric from my stash to make this quilt. It is currently hanging on the door in my daughter's room.

I really love this techniques as it suited me who is still a beginner in quilting. The technique is also best used for creating small patterns. I'm also pleased that I'm able to utilise my fabric stash to make a multicolor quilt.

These are some pictures while the work was still in progress:


The first block.


I hang them up one by one for motivation... :-)


The Super Yummylicious Quilt


No comments:

Post a Comment